Exciting Bluefin Tuna Adventures in the Northumberland Strait and Southern Gulf of St Lawrence. Chartering is scheduled to begin on September 1st. Please contact us for availability and rates.
Bluefin Tuna average at a massive size of 6.5 feet and 550 pounds and range from 500-1200 pounds. These exceptional fish swim from the Gulf of Mexico every year and move through the Northumberland Strait each fall. The largest Bluefin Tuna ever caught and recorded was in the Northumberland Strait and weighed 1496 pounds.
Our boat, the Angela Marie was built by Dixon’s Marine.
It’s 45′ long and 17′ wide and is fully equipped to meet all your fishing and comfort needs.
- We are completely equipped for all aspects of tuna fishing, including:
- Chumming – dropping chum to attract the fish to the boat’s area
- Trolling – drawing the hook through the water to create motion and attract the fish
- Kite Fishing – pulls the gear further away from the boat for increased chance to catch a fish – because the fish sometimes avoid the boat
We are rigged with:
- Commercial Tuna Rods – 180 lb. test to help keep the tuna on the line
- All Tackle including a Fighting Chair – Fighting a tuna can be tough work and great fun at the same time – our fighting chair will keep you safe the whole time
- Live-well Tank – For keeping live bait such as mackerel – great for landing tuna
Scotia Bluefin Tuna Charters
Meet the Captain
My name is Ray MacGillivray, Captain of the F/V Angela Marie.
I’ve been fishing out of Antigonish, Nova Scotia for the past 30 years. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success fishing Lobster, Groundfish, Scallops, Herring and especially Bluefin Tuna which I’ve been fishing since 1979.